Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Simple things.

My eyes open to the light of a new day.
I roll over and hit the snooze, then wake up... and hit the snooze.
I stumble to the door ,of my room, and fumble with the handle.
The light shining off the mirror blinds me,
as I wash my hands; and the high piched sound,
of running watter, rings in my ears.
Then watter running down my face and back is too hot,
and then too cold.
I watch the soap go down and drain away;
while watter falls in sheets over my eyes.
It is not refreshing.
Not like it used to be.
It used to be the best part
of my day.
Now it leaves and I am just as tired as when I rolled out of bed.
My day is groggy, and so cloudy.
Clear thoughts are but a memory.
I want to love life again.
It is good to me.
But I can't seem to enjoy,
not even
the simple things...

1 Comments:

Blogger Peaceful Blog said...

This is a whisper,
Deep in the soul,
I hear it jumping,
And twisting like a ball,
To make me remember
The beautiful world lies
Between her tongue and
Breathless ties!

No, this is not Salvador Dali "rhyming"!

http://www.child-book-publishing-ezine.com/Treasure-Island.html

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home